The Australian Early Development Census (AEDC) is an Australian Government initiative and the proper safeguard of your personal information is a responsibility that is taken very seriously.
Your privacy is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the AEDC strives to meet or exceed the requirements of this Act.
By continuing to use this website (www.aedc.gov.au) you agree to the terms of this WPP, as set out below.
This WPP applies only to our handling of your personal information via the AEDC website. For information on how the privacy of your child is protected during the AEDC data collection, please refer to the AEDC Privacy Statement.
Your personal information
The AEDC recognises the importance of protecting the privacy of all personally identifiable information submitted by visitors to its site.
Under this WPP, “personal information” has the same meaning as under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
No personally identifiable information will be collected without your consent.
If you use our Contact us page to send a message to the AEDC, the content of that message will be stored at least until your query has been resolved. This also applies to messages sent directly to the AEDC support email address.
Personal information held by the AEDC may include your:
- name and date of birth
- current and previous postal address
- telephone/mobile phone number
- email address
If you do not want to supply us with any part of this information the level of service we can provide may be limited.
How we use your personal information
The AEDC will only use your personal information submitted through the website for the purpose for which it was submitted. This may be to:
- verify your identity
- contact you regarding your request for or use of data
- transfer data to you
- contact you in response to any enquiry you make
- send you information regarding any of the above.
De-identified personal information may be used for other purposes, such as to provide an analysis of the type of user who visits the website.
Security of your personal information
The AEDC strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information submitted via this website. The AEDC periodically reviews and updates its security measures in light of current technologies.
While you send information to us, please bear in mind that the AEDC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information in transit because no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Once the AEDC receives your transmission, however, strict security procedures are used to protect it on our systems. The AEDC website server (and any personal data you send us by interacting with the AEDC website) is located in Victoria, Australia.
Collection of website browsing information
When visiting this website, the AEDC site server makes a record of that visit and logs the information for statistical and administrative purposes. Any personal information that we collect is purely for the purposes of site administration and will not be used for any other purpose. A third-party service called Google Analytics (GA) is also used to enhance this record.
The browsing data and personal information that is collected using these methods may include:
- The user’s IP server address – this helps us be aware of the geographical regions where the AEDC website visitors are located while accessing the site. It may identify the town or suburb you are browsing from but not the street or building number.
- The user’s username – this helps us to keep an accurate and timely log of the users of our site, to improve user experience.
- The date and time of the visit to the site – this assists us when assessing things such as the website’s busy times to ensure maintenance on the site is conducted outside these periods.
- Pages accessed and documents downloaded – this indicates to the AEDC which pages or documents are most important to users, and also aids improvements in the site’s structure so that important information is not missed.
- Duration of the visit – this helps us establish how interesting and informative the AEDC site is to its visitors and allows us to differentiate genuine visits from other types of web traffic.
- The type of browser, operating system, and screen size used – this informs us about the range of systems and devices that AEDC visitors use to visit the site and helps ensure that the site is built to be as functional, readable and visually engaging as possible.
A cookie is a piece of information that an Internet web site sends to your browser when you access information at that site. Cookies are either stored in memory (session cookies) or placed on your hard disk (persistent cookies).
The AEDC website may use both types of cookie, depending on your use of the site.
If logged in, upon closing your browser, the session cookie set by this web site is destroyed, you are automatically logged out, and no Personal Information is maintained which might identify you should you visit our web site at a later date.
Persistent cookies may be used to communicate non-personally identifying data for web analytics purposes. You may opt to decline or block such cookies, using your browser preferences, without it affecting the way the AEDC web site functions.
Changes to these terms
The AEDC team will review this WPP periodically and reserves the right, at its discretion, to modify or remove portions of this policy at any time.
This WPP is subject to regular review and you are advised to revisit this policy page periodically to be informed of changes to the policy.
If you require further information about this WPP, or want to ask for access to your information, or if you have a complaint concerning your information, or wish to have your information corrected, please contact email@example.com.
Please refer to the AEDC Privacy Statement for further information on the AEDC’s overall approach to privacy during data collection.
Information about links on this web site
Links to other websites are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or any associated organisation, product or service.